The best time to start working on your crown chakra is when you feel that you are physically fit and emotionally stable.
As with other chakras, you will find methods such as yoga, mudras, working with gemstones and meditations very valuable tools for opening your crown chakra.
Find the method of meditation that works for you and be sure to take time to relax and keep thoughts, emotions, and outside impulses at bay for a while.
The more you meditate, the more you will find yourself able to break free from the physical world and explore spirituality and other plains of consciousness.
You just might find the answers to the questions you crave most.
Parvatanasana is also known as the ‘seated mountain pose’.
Assume the “seated mountain” pose:
- Sit up straight and cross-legged.
- Close your eyes, lift up your arms and bring your palms together above your head.
- Your fingers should be pointing up, the spine slightly stretched.
- Hold this position for a few breaths before you conclude it.
In time you should try and hold this position for a few minutes.
‘Purvottanasana’, is a yoga position for balancing your solar plexus chakra.
2. Crown Chakra Mudra: -----
Third Chakra Mudra: Matangi Mudra
Sit on the floor in an upright position.
The following hand position will help you strengthen your crown chakra:
- Bring your palms together and straighten both ring fingers. The rest of the fingers should be interlocking, and the right thumb should be resting underneath the left thumb.
- Hold the hands in line with the stomach.
- Close your eyes and take a deep breath through the nose.
- Upon exhale express a long “ooooh” sound.
Repeat the whole sequence seven times as you keep concentrating on your crown chakra.
3. Crystals for Opening the Seventh Chakra
Crown chakra stones and crystals:
- rainbow obsidian
- transparent tourmaline
Choose a stone for your crown chakra instinctively, pick it up, hold it, and keep it close. Visualize your crown chakra soaking in the energy from the stone.
Strengthen the beneficial effects of the stones by keeping them on your person at all times. Wear them as pendants, bracelets, earrings, or rings, keep them in your pockets, or in a satchel you keep about your person.
It is especially important to have your stones close when you meditate, repeat affirmations, or do yoga. You can even place them directly on top of your head.
Take time when you are choosing your stone or a combination of stones. Relax and follow your intuition.
It might take you some time to find the combination of stones that works best for you but the benefits of the healing power of stones justify are well worth the investment.
You can arrange your stones in different formations or stick to just one, in time you will find the application that benefits you most.
4. Crown Chakra Meditation
Meditational harmonization of your seventh chakra:
- lie down on your back, close your eyes and relax the muscles.
- Gently place your left palm on top of your head and place your right hand over your left hand.
- Take relaxing breaths.
- Make your breathing deeper and imagine you are soaking in cosmic energy with each breath and sending this energy to your crown center with each exhale.
- Repeat this exercise seven times while you imagine and visualize this life energy as a light violet beam of light or pure crystal radiating light pouring from your hands into your head and the entire body.
- Maintain this position for seven breaths.
- At the end of the exercise place your arms on the floor beside your body and enjoy the relaxing benefits of the meditation for a while longer.
- Open your eyes.
Crown Chakra Opening Symptoms
The feeling of your crown chakra fully opening is a highly profound spiritual experience. This is often also referred to as ‘Kundalini awakening’.
The symptoms are therefore mostly of spiritual nature. One effect is the loss of your ego – which means that you still keep your consciousness, control and awareness, but your mind chatter is silent and the awareness of ‘self’ transcends the physical limits of your body.
You might feel telepathically connected to people around you, be able to ‘read their minds’ and moreover to ‘feel their feelings’. You might even control the energy of the space and people (and animals) around you with your own feelings. How your ‘mood’ changes, everything around you will change – you have telepathic control originating from the ‘feeling’.
You can expect to have visions with your eyes open or closed. You could be seeing the energy flowing to and from your body, especially the cone of bright light shining from the Universe through the top of your head and then downwards, dissolving your physical body.
Feeling of being connected with everything, all the creation, supported by universal love in a place where no time and space exists is a definitive symptom suggesting that your crown chakra is fully open and that Kundalini is flowing freely through all of your chakras and Nadis and is burning the Karma patterns away.
The experience itself, if only lived once in a lifetime, is a motivation enough to start working on your chakras and energy.
Read More about Crown Chakra
The challenges brought upon when you are balancing and healing your crown chakra are connected with releasing your ego and gaining the trust in guidance of the universe. The Sahasrara is believed to be the home of Shiva, a deity that represents pure consciousness. The
The crown chakra, named “Sahasrara” in Sanskrit, connects us to the celestial energies of the highest plane of existence. The crown is the target chakra of the most important energy channel – the Sushumna nadi. This is the nadi that the Kundalini energy, symbolized by a snake, ascends and