Healing and balancing your second chakra is all about getting to know and accepting your inner passions, drives and desires. Freeing the flow of energy in this center helps us accept life as a joyful experience.
Getting rid of the shame or obsessions connected with sexual awareness of self and freeing your sexuality and sensuality is one of the major observable effects of balancing the Shvadhisthana chakra.
The second chakra is located in the lumbar region. It controls the functioning of testicles, prostate, and ovaries. It affects the production and operation of body fluids such as lymph, blood, urine, and semen.
Unbalanced sacral chakra can be the cause of health problems in the lumbar region, especially sexual and reproductive organs.
A stable and healthy center of sexuality protects reproductive organs from disease, and also prevents menstrual issues, impotence, kidney and bladder problems, hip injuries, and back pain.
These are also the most common symptoms of sacral chakra imbalance.
A healthy functioning of gonads is essential for the production and healthy release of sexual cells, and for the activation of sexual hormones. Through its effect on the gonads, the sacral chakra influences moods and feelings as well.
The sacral chakra is the source of vital energy, its health is crucial for the uninterrupted functioning of all processes in the body, as well as for the general well-being.
A balanced Svadhishthana enables you to feel content in your life, to be a creative and emotionally stable individual with fully functioning vital organs that ensure your overall health.
How to Heal Your Sacral Chakra?
Take the time for yourself. Do what you enjoy and do not judge yourself for doing so. Express your sexuality and eroticism and free yourself from living in judgement of others.
Accept all your ‘imperfections’ and simply do not take the so seriously. Become the kid you were and just play.
Exercises listed below will help you achieve this sense of freedom and heal your sacral chakra.
10 Easy Techniques for Second Chakra Balancing:
- Establish a connection with the element of water – go swimming as much as you can, enjoy warm baths.
- Choose orange-colored clothing and accessories.
- Furnish your apartment with orange furniture, appliances, and accessories, choose orange floral arrangements.
- Make sure to drink enough fluids – drink at least two liters of fluid a day, preferably water or herbal tea.
- Take five drops of one of the following herbal extracts three times a day, before the main meals: oak, olive, dwarf pine, pine.
- “Ooo” sound stimulates the functioning of Svadhishthana – sit up straight, breath in through your nose and say “Ooo” as you exhale. Perform this exercise every day for at least five minutes.
- Go dancing! It is best to dance with a partner so try choosing dances accordingly, for instance, tango or salsa. Belly dancing can also stimulate the functioning of the second chakra.
- Listen to oriental music or flowing classical music by Vivaldi or Bach.
- Take moonlit walks, meditate by the water and let the soothing sounds of flowing water or the lapping of waves help you relax.
- Relax and repeat one of the following sacral chakra affirmations every day, especially before going to bed; slowly whisper at least ten times:
- I am establishing a connection with my creative energy.
- I am lovingly accepting my body and my sexuality.
- Life is a divine gift that I want, and I am allowed to enjoy.
The Benefits of Balancing Your Svadhishthana
If you are willing to address the balancing of your sacral chakra, you will find yourself becoming more active as you will be lighter on your feet, more in touch with your emotions, and flexible in your reactions.
You need to invest time and effort into nourishing your sacral chakra if you find your relationships strained and in need of improvement.
You might find that your intuition will improve, you will be able to trust yourself more, and consequently, you will become better at making decisions.
A balanced Svadhishthana is related to improved romantic relationships since it helps you be more in touch with your feelings, more open to new experiences, and more willing to learn from them.
As you become less burdened with insecurities and have a better grasp of your feelings and desires, you gain the self-confidence that helps you be less jealous and sexually frustrated.
If you have pent-up stress, you might find that taking steps towards balancing your sacral chakra will alleviate those issues.
Anxiety becomes acute when it accumulates, while we lack the tools to address it and flush it out.
A fully functioning sacral chakra allows for the life-energy to flow freely and flush stress out instead of allowing it to accumulate.
One such outlet is creativity that allows you to find innovative solutions for the challenges of life.
By activating your second chakra, you might see changes in your flexibility, responsiveness, and sensibility as you become more in tune with the world around you.
You will be able to let go of the things that weigh you down and to assess situations more realistically. As a consequence, you will start enjoying life and its challenges.
5 Signs of a Healthy and Open Second Chakra
The second chakra is the seat of life energy. The positive elements of Svadhishthana include the joy of life, sensuality, and creativity.
They denote an active, healthy need for personal growth and development.
- joy in life,
- and healthy sexuality,
are the five main signs of a healthy and balanced second chakra.
Read More about Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra, also known as ‘The Second Chakra’, is the center of sexual energy and of feeling the joy of life. In Sanskrit the word ‘Svadhishthana’ means sweetness, and in a metaphorical sense, this relates to the sensual and sexual pleasures of life. Table of
Most common exercises for healing and balancing your sacral chakra include yoga poses, mudras, and meditations. These exercises have a fast balancing effect and will help you bring more energy to your second chakra. If you practice only a few days per week, the positive