Open Your Sacral Chakra: List of Exercises
Most common exercises for healing and balancing your sacral chakra include yoga poses, mudras, and meditations.
These exercises have a fast balancing effect and will help you bring more energy to your second chakra. If you practice only a few days per week, the positive results will be seen in a few weeks.
1. Sacral Chakra Yoga Pose: Jathara Parivartanasana
Sacral Chakra Yoga Pose: Jathara Parivartanasana
- Lie down on your back and bring your knees up. The feet should remain close and firmly on the floor.
- Stretch your arms horizontally away from your body, in line with the shoulders, palms facing up.
- Turn your head to the right while twisting your legs to the left until they touch the floor or until you reach your stretching limit.
- Change the position by turning your head left and bring your legs to your right. Shoulder blades should maintain contact with the floor at all times.
- Repeat this exercise in fluid and relaxed motions seven times in each direction.
Be mindful of your breathing which should be relaxed.
2. Sacral Chakra Mudra: Dhyani Mudra
Root Chakra Mudra: Dhyani Mudra
- Sit in an upright position and place the back of your right palm into your left palm, thumbs touching. Your hands should maintain this position as you put them on the lower abdomen, below the navel. The touching palms should be facing up.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath through your nose and as you exhale whisper “vam” and repeat this mantra several times. Then inhale through your nose again and repeat the whole sequence seven times.
- Perform this exercise while focusing on your sacral chakra.
3. Crystals for Opening the SECOND Chakra
Sacral chakra stones and crystals:
- tiger eye
- golden topaz
- orange tourmaline
- yellow jade
- fire opal
- orange aventurine
Choose a stone instinctively, hold it in your hands or place it on your lower abdomen, below the navel often. Allow the energy of the stone flow through your body to your sacral chakra.
Wear it on your body to maximize the flow of energy. The best way to always keep your stones close is to wear them on a chain as a pendant, keep them on your wrist as a bracelet, or incorporate your chosen stone into a ring.
Make use of your stones when you meditate, do yoga, or your daily affirmations.
The healing of the sacral chakra can be more effective, if you place the stones on the lumbar area or on lower abdomen below the navel where the second chakra is located. You can also hold the chosen stone in the palm of your hand in the vicinity of Svadhishthana.
It might take some time to discover which stone or a combination of stones is best for you, so do not get discouraged. You needn’t resort to expensive stones or crystals in your efforts to balance your sacral chakra. You just need to focus on finding the ones that work best for you.
4. Sacral Chakra Meditation
Meditational harmonization of your sacral chakra:
- lie down on your back, close your eyes, and relax all the muscles in your body.
- Feel the rhythm of breathing, in and out.
- Place your hands on the lower abdomen, below the navel and feel your abdomen moving up and down as you breathe.
- Focus on drawing in prana every time you inhale and on releasing this universal energy to flow through your Svadhishthana upon exhale.
- Imagine an orange flow of energy running from your hands to your lower abdomen.
Sacral Chakra Opening Symptoms
The Sacral chakra is connected with sexuality and sensuality therefore the most evident symptoms are related to experience of self through the feelings of pleasure.
The physical symptoms which can be felt when your Svadhidhthana is opening are often the feeling of warmth around your lower belly area and sexual organs. As a consequence, sexual arousement can be felt.
On a psychological level you might feel the increase of your libido and experience the drive to express your sexuality more.
It is best to do what you have to do, however in order to lift up the energy, it is best to eventually move from sexual desires and to harness this energy for expressing yourself and gain more control and focus in your creativity.
Sexual urges should not be suppressed but should be overcome and transcended in order to proceed with balancing your higher chakras. This doesn’t mean that you should restrain yourself from having sex, it only means that you should have your sexual energy under control.
When working with higher chakras, having a conscious control over your energy is quite crucial. Balancing your sacral chakra is therefore a kind of test which you have to pass in order to progress higher.
WAS THE ARTICLE HELPFUL? Then why not click below and ...