To open your solar plexus chakra you should execute some easy exercises – such as solar plexus yoga poses, breathing exercises, meditation, and mudras.
These techniques are not only very simple but they are also extremely effective. The only thing needed is persistence and discipline in practicing.
Assume the upward plank yoga pose:
- sit on the floor, outstretch and pull your legs together, your palms should be touching the floor in line with your backside, fingers should be facing backward.
- Upon inhaling lift your back and your backside up so that the entire upper body forms a straight line with your legs while being supported at this angle by your arms.
- Upon exhaling lower your back.
Repeat this exercise three times in a row.
‘Purvottanasana’, is a yoga position for balancing your solar plexus chakra.
2. Solar Plexus Chakra Mudra: Matangi Mudra
Third Chakra Mudra: Matangi Mudra
- Sit down and bring your palms together in line with your chest.
- Overlap your left-hand thumb over your right-hand thumb.
- Grab your right-hand thumb with your left-hand index finger.
- Clutch your left-hand index finger with your right index finger.
- Align your middle fingers, so they support each other and stretch them upwards.
- Cross the other fingers, so your palms are closed in the following order: left-hand ring finger, right-hand ring finger, left-hand pinky finger, right-hand pinky finger.
- Some gentle pressure can be applied.
- Close your eyes, inhale deeply through the nose and say the “ram” mantra as you exhale. Inhale again through the nose.
Repeat this sequence seven times while concentrating on your solar plexus chakra.
3. Crystals for Opening the Third Chakra
Solar plexus chakra stones and crystals:
- tiger eye
- yellow jasper
- yellow calcite
- yellow serpentine
Choose a stone instinctively, hold it in your hands often or place it on your abdomen, above the navel.
Wear it as a pendant or a ring as to keep it close at all times.
If you will choose your stone immediately after performing exercises for the solar plexus chakra you will get a clearer sense of which is the stone that is the most appropriate for you.
Keep your stone or a combination of stones close when you meditate, do yoga, or your daily affirmations.
The healing of the solar plexus chakra should be more effective, if you place the stones in the vicinity of the third chakra.
Take your time when choosing a stone or a combination of stones that is best for you. You needn’t spend a lot of money on expensive stones or crystals, you just need to learn how to listen to and trust yourself.
4. Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation
Meditational harmonization of the third chakra:
- lie down on your back, close your eyes, relax, and forget all your daily worries and burdens.
- Observe your body, thoughts, and feelings.
- Place your hands above the navel.
- Relax while you breathe.
- Imagine that you are receiving the universal life energy with each breath and you are directing this energy towards the solar plexus chakra with each exhale.
- Imagine this energy as a warm yellow sunbeam that is entering your body through the stomach and slowly radiates through the entire body.
- Keep visualizing this image throughout this exercise, while you inhale and exhale at least seven times.
- Focus on the impact of the yellow sunbeam on your body.
- In the end place your arms on the floor beside your body and enjoy the effects of the meditation some more.
Manipura Opening Symptoms
When your solar plexus chakra starts opening various physical and psychological symptoms might occur.
Immediate symptoms which can be felt when practicing solar plexus meditation, for example, are pulsating sensations in the area of your stomach. You can feel warmth or even burning as the energy flow through the solar plexus chakra is increased.
In the process of healing you can feel cramps or nerve related symptoms, such as whiplash in the mid-lower back area. Such and similar physical effects are simply signs of your solar plexus chakra opening and normally wear off in a few days. The more intense the effects, the bigger blockage is being removed.
On the spiritual level, life challenges might appear which will require you to be disciplined and determined to solve them.
Such situations are simply tests which help you start using your willpower and energy which is now replenished in your Manipura chakra.
Once your third chakra is fully open, you will find it much easier to overcome any life obstacles which require your concentration, discipline and determination. Also in spiritual practices you will find it easier to use your willpower to direct your thoughts and maintain the increased energy flow.
You will have more personal power in combination with control over yourself and thus over all areas of your life.
Read More about Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra, also known as ‘The Third Chakra’ or ‘Manipura’, is the repository of energy from which the power of life and vitality flow throughout the