If you put an effort into balancing your third eye chakra, you will step on a one-way path of opening the doors to the universal truth, insights, and understanding beyond the scope of average human being.
Once you open your third eye to a certain extent, you will be able to see through the illusion of so-called reality. And even though these insightful breakthroughs usually come one at a time, there will be no way for you to get back into the close-minded comfort zone.
You are making a choice – do you want to live your life with your eyes open facing the challenges? Or do you want continue to follow the path of the ‘average Joe’ who is comfortable in his own perception bubble. An open and well-balanced Ajna chakra makes all the difference.
Since the functioning of the “third eye” impacts some of the endocrine glands, tasked with regulating the hormonal balance, you must not overlook the brow chakra’s importance for the overall health.
Imbalanced sixth chakra reflects mainly in spiritual and psychological disorders, primarily as frustrations, anxieties, phobias, feelings of aimlessness and meaninglessness, and in having troubles concentrating.
But where there are mental issues, the physical problems follow suit. Headaches, migraines, or sensory organs’ impediments point to brow chakra issues.
A severely weakened Ajna can cause severe mental illnesses, which bear physical consequences as well. Holistic medicine believes that various forms of depression stem from “third eye” not functioning properly.
An overly active sixth chakra can also cause serious issues, such as hallucinations and schizophrenia.
How to Heal Your Third Eye Chakra?
Meditation, focus to your inner feelings, and developing the trust in your intuition, are the keys to healing your third eye chakra.
Any kind of spiritual practice which is not based on dogmatic beliefs, but is more of an open-minded nature, will be beneficial for balancing your sixth chakra.
8 Easy Techniques for Sixth Chakra Balancing:
- Take up regular night walks, gaze at the starlit sky, and feel the peace, silence, and power of the nighttime.
- Exercise your imagination by reading books. Read fantasy novels and fairytales to stimulate your brow chakra.
- When you are picking out new clothing items or accessories, opt for indigo or dark blue colored apparel.
- Benefit from the mystical Eastern and Western wisdom and read the works of Buddha, Laozi, Epicurus, Seneca, and Schopenhauer.
- Keep a dream journal. As soon as you wake up, make a quick bullet point list of everything you manage to remember from your dream. Your imagination will come to life.
- Take one of the following herbal extracts before your three main meals: European crab apple, walnut, or grapevine. You are not supposed to mix these extract so stick with the one you choose.
- Essential oils of violet, lemongrass, and cajuput also have a stimulative effect on the sixth chakra. Put three to four drops of the chosen essential oil in the diffuser, add them to your body lotion or add eight drops to your bath.
- Relax and slowly repeat one of the following third eye chakra affirmations every day:
- I open myself to my inner light.
- I know that deep down I carry the answers to all questions.
- I am establishing a connection with my intuition and imagination.
The Benefits of Balancing Your Ajna Chakra
A well developed and well-balanced sixth chakra is your ticket into the world of imagination, mental images, and even visions.
A strong brow chakra stimulates the formation of images and visualizations and enables the abstract aims to come alive. It also helps you envision your life, which is a necessary prerequisite for planning your future efficiently.
A balanced Ajna helps establish a connection between intuitive knowledge and your mentality.
One of the aims of working on your brow chakra is to achieve the experience of mystical unity, beyond good and evil, and beyond any such dualism.
An active and healthy sixth chakra will make you more confident in letting intuition guide your perception. This will allow you to avoid many an earthly mistake and glaze over insignificant fleeting occurrences of the here and now, while keeping in line with the pure, calm thought process accompanying the view of the big picture.
According to Patanjali yoga, Ajna benefits from yoga and meditation, which allow the peace of thinking to fill the chakra.
In the silence of thought the energy of the sixth chakra can be applied to resolving the duality between the opposing principles – the sun and the moon, the male and the female, the right and the left hemisphere of the brain – and to reaching reconciliation. The balance between reason and intuition is established, and thus an awareness of inner peace is within your grasp.
When you balance your third eye chakra, you will be more at peace with yourself and the world around. You will have more clarity to help you deal with the increased sensory confusion of the modern world.
You will be able to develop an ability to retreat into thought and process the whirlwind of information which surrounds you.
You will find your mood and mental health improve significantly, once you restore balance to your brow chakra.
6 Signs of a Healthy and Open Sixth Chakra
Third eye chakra opens the doors of the mind to imagination, intuition and extra-sensory perception. The sixth chakra is also known as ‘the third eye’ and is associated with the sixth sense.
- Sharpness and agility of your mind,
- clearness of thoughts,
- strong intuition and confidence in yourself,
- having inner peace,
- emphatic and emotional perception of reality,
- telepathy, clairvoyance, vivid dreams, etc,
are the main signs that your third eye chakra is balanced, open and energized.
Read More about Third Eye Chakra
By executing some easy exercises such as third eye chakra yoga poses, breathing exercises, meditation, and mudras, you can get on the fast track towards
Third eye chakra is the spiritual center of the body that is strongly related to concentration and consciousness. The brow chakra is a gateway through which