By executing some easy exercises such as third eye chakra yoga poses, breathing exercises, meditation, and mudras, you can get on the fast track towards opening your brow chakra.
While these techniques are very simple they are also very effective. The only thing needed is persistence in maintaining and executing these activities.
Assume the “sleeping child” pose:
- Sit on your heels. Slowly lower your upper body down and let your forehead touch the floor. Your arms should be on the ground, besides your body, palms facing up.
- Take a couple of deep breaths while concentrating on your forehead.
- Slowly raise yourself up, almost one vertebra at a time, until you sit up straight. Tilt your head, gently rest it against the back of your neck, open your eyes and look up for a couple of seconds.
Repeat this exercise three times.
Balanasana is a yoga position for bringing energy and balancing your third eye chakra.
2. Third Eye Chakra Mudra: ----
Third Chakra Mudra: Matangi Mudra
Sit on the floor in an upright position.
- The middle fingers of both hands should be straight, pointing up, tips touching.
- The tips of your thumbs should touch as well as the thumbs are directed towards your chest.
- The rest of the fingers should be clenched and touching at the second knuckle.
- Take a deep breath through your nose and as you exhale repeat the mantra “ksham.”
Repeat the whole sequence seven times as you keep concentrating on your brow chakra.
3. Crystals for Opening the Sixth Chakra
Brow chakra stones and crystals:
- blue sapphire
- blue tourmaline
- lapis lazuli
- blue agate
- blue azurite
- blue dumortierite quartz
- blue iolite
- blue tanzanite
- blue spinel
Choose a stone instinctively, pick it up and hold it often. Visualize the energy flow from the stone to your brow chakra.
The effects of the stones are strongest if you keep them on your person at all times. You can wear them as pendants, bracelets, or rings. You can also place them on your forehead while you meditate and let your sixth chakra benefit from them directly. Lapis lazuli is especially suited for direct application.
Choose your stones after doing yoga or after meditation. You will be better equipped to pick the ones that are best suited to your needs after you have been concentrating on the “third eye”.
After having chosen your stones let your intuition guide you every time you pick a stone among them. This will stimulate your intuition further.
4. Third Eye Chakra Meditation
Meditational harmonization of your brow chakra:
- lie down on your back and close your eyes.
- Gently place your left palm on your forehead and place your right hand over your left hand.
- The position of your arms should be natural and follow the natural line of your forearms.
- Your arms will end up being placed diagonally to each other.
- Your hands should be resting softly on the forehead.
- Relax, breath deeply and imagine you are drawing in life energy with each breath and directing it to your forehead upon each exhale.
- Imagine the energy to be of a strong dark blue color, at first shining through your hands and then radiating through your entire body.
- Maintain this position for seven breaths. At the end of the exercise place your arms on the floor beside your body and enjoy the relaxing benefits of the meditation for a while longer.
This exercise will make it significantly easier for you to reach other plains of consciousness but do not try to force the process.
Until all the chakras are in harmonious balance do not attempt to focus on the brow chakra.
Read More about Third Eye Chakra
Third eye chakra is the spiritual center of the body that is strongly related to concentration and consciousness. The brow chakra is a gateway through which