The Crown Chakra
The crown chakra, named “Sahasrara” in Sanskrit, connects us to the celestial energies of the highest plane of existence.
The crown is the target chakra of the most important energy channel – the Sushumna nadi. This is the nadi that the Kundalini energy, symbolized by a snake, ascends and causes the awakening of your power and realization of your full human potential. Such manifestation is known as ‘Kundalini awakening’.
Crown Chakra Meaning
Sahasrara is in close connection with spirituality and enlightenment. It is the gateway to higher levels of awareness.
The central theme of the seventh chakra is tied to the greatest level of consciousness within reach of a person.
A healthy crown chakra brings the feeling of deep inner peace and harmony, which transcends all dualism. It can lead to the experience of eternal happiness and can establish contact with the reality that is beyond rational thinking.
The energy of the crown chakra is crucial for the transformation into Mahatma – the Great Soul.
The seventh chakra is also related to growing up in the sense of being able to escape the confines of one’s ego and develop the ability to think of others as well. It relates to assuming responsibility in life and distinguishing between what is real and what is imaginary.
It is also the link between consciousness and the Universe.
Through meditation techniques and yoga we can aspire to raise our awareness and expand our consciousness.
Existential questions such as “Why am I here?” or “Where do I belong?” will suddenly be less of a daunting thought and more of an exciting prospect to ponder when your Sahasrara chakra is open and balanced.
Crown chakra animal symbol is a snake.
The serpent represents the kundalini energy which sleeps in the lowest chakra. Once all chakras are awakened, the kundalini energy rises to the crown chakra and causes the spiritual awakening in a person.
CROWN Chakra Location
Crown chakra is located at the crown of the head, at the top of the skull.
In the traditional view the seventh chakra is at the top end line of the seven chakras system.
It’s position is just above the brow chakra. In Sahasrara the Ida and Pingala channels meet and connect with the Sushuma channel.
When both Nadi channels are fully open and all other chakras are balanced, the energy flowing from the root chakra all the way to the crown connects us to our highest self.
The Effects of the Sahasrara Imbalance
Crown chakra imbalance can be the cause of the following problems:
- lack of will,
- detachment from reality,
- mental disorders.
All things connected with consciousness, awareness and mental health are related to the seventh and/or sixth chakra.
Crown chakra represents our connection to the universal and celestial realms.
You need to balance your crown chakra to develop a strong connection with the consciousness of the universe, which affects your trust in life.
If your crown chakra is balanced, you are protected by the guidance of spirits from higher energy realms, and you have a distinct intuitive feeling that you are on your right path.
Crown Chakra Symbol
The lotus flower that grows in the dark and springs a bright, clean flower from the mud in which it grows symbolizes the development of a person’s consciousness.
In symbolic meaning the story it depicts is the one of a blooming lotus flower. From the animalistic characteristics of the lower chakras to the glowing light of the pure soul.
Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of the SEVENTH Chakra
It is not without merit that expert sources often warn against awakening the seventh chakra since it would be hazardous to fully activate the crown chakra before making all the previous six chakras active and well balanced.
It is also well known that the development of the crown chakra can bring about unprecedented happiness, which comes from reaching the highest levels of consciousness and having an understanding and experience of being one with the universe.
But this can have negative implications as well when one is too focused on the seventh chakra, and the subsequent development is too limited.
The consequences of this can be very harsh and manifest as the need to escape reality and withdrawal. Sometimes a person would try to seek isolation, become a misanthrope, or become self-destructive.
It is rather hard to find such problems in India, but in the Western world, they are quite common.
Many Westerners understand spiritual development in an insufficient and short-sighted way. They go about spirituality and higher consciousness the wrong way and do not put in the effort to develop and balance all the chakras.
Such uneven development can stunt the wholesome evolution of a personality.
It is also important not to overdo things, especially in the beginning stages of spiritual development. But at the same time, it is important to maintain a constant and intensive contact with spirituality.
Properties AND RELATIONS of the SAHASRARA Chakra
- Common names: crown chakra, seventh chakra, Sahasrara, crown center, a thousand-petaled lotus, crown lotus
- Name meaning: Sahasrara comes from Sanskrit and translates to “a thousand times” or “a thousand”
- Corresponding gland: pituitary gland
Pituitary gland, associated with the sixth chakra, is the gland which controls growth, blood pressure, sex organs functions, functioning of thyroid gland, metabolism, and some functions of other body organs.
- Color: white, violet, gold
- Mantra: OM
- Number of petals: a thousand petals
- Corresponding deities: Shiva
- Animal Symbols: snake (Kundalini)
- Element: All
- Symbol: lotus flower
- Sound: Eee
- Frequency: 480 Hz
- Corresponding sense: cosmic consciousness beyond the perceptible world
- Corresponding natural phenomena: top of a mountain
- Planet: Neptune
Neptune is the eighth planet from the Sun. Neptune’s trajectory around the Sun lasts for 164.8 Earth years. The name Neptune comes from the Roman god of the sea.
- Key themes: spirituality, spiritual world experience, cosmic union, self-actualization, enlightenment
- Affected body parts: midbrain, eyes, the whole organism
- Positive spiritual aspects: connection with the universe, spiritual power, orientation towards the spiritual world, religiousness, faith, all-encompassing knowing, inner gaze
- Negative spiritual aspects: leanings towards black magic, superstition, lack of interest in earthly life, withdrawal, an accelerated dissolution of the self.
- Physical signs pointing to an abnormal functioning of the Brow Chakra: headaches, chronic illnesses, breathing disorders, nervous system disorders, weak immune system, cancer, multiple sclerosis, mental illnesses, all deadly diseases, paralysis, fainting spells.
- Mental issues pointing to an abnormal functioning of the Brow Chakra: lack of joie de vivre, escape from reality, spiritual exhaustion, depression, trouble making decisions, chronic despondency, mental confusion, insanity.
WAS THE ARTICLE HELPFUL? Then why not click below and ...