Yoga proves to have several health benefits for the mind and body. The poses practiced in yoga is an effective way to strengthen your core muscles. On the other hand, the meditation that is likewise practiced in yoga paves the way for inner peace.
What You Need To Prepare
If you are keen on clarifying your thoughts to tune out the negativity around you, yoga meditation is the perfect way to do so.
- First, you need to find a suitable place where you can practice yoga meditation. If possible, choose somewhere quiet, or a place far from distractions. You can try to practice yoga meditation in your own room, or in your garden where you can be one with nature.
- Second, get yourself a yoga mat where you can practice yoga poses. Matthew, the Yogini behind https://yogangstar.com.au/ recommend yoga mats that somehow reflect your personality. This is because your energy and thoughts can echo what you see and feel. Thereby, if you like what you see on your yoga mat, and you are comfortable in it, yoga meditation, as well as the other yoga poses, will be more effective for you.
- Finally, you are ready to begin with the yoga meditation itself.
Yoga meditation is an effective technique to reduce your stress and anxiety. It is also a great way to achieve a calm and tranquil state of mind.
- The first thing you need to do is to sit upright on your mat, with your legs crossed. Make sure that your spine is straight, with your shoulders relaxed and chest open. This will encourage the positive flow of energy to your body.
- The next thing you need to do is to rest your hands on your knees or on your lap, with your palms facing up. Remember to keep your face, jaw, and belly relaxed at all times. Let your tongue rest on the roof of your mouth. This will complement the overall upright position of your body.
- Allow your eyes to close and breathe slowly but deeply, in and out through your nose. Inhale starting from your belly and exhale all the way out through your chest. As your breath slows, try to let go of any thoughts that distract you and just allow your mind to focus on your breathing.
- Finally, focus on deep inside your body. Find a place of stillness deep within you brought about by this yoga pose and breathe in this tranquility. Feel this place being nourished with your breathing expand to fill your entire self
- Bask in this inner peace as it overcomes you and saturates the whole of you.
Yoga is indeed beneficial not only for a healthy body, but also for a healthy state of mind. While the poses certainly strengthen your muscles, the meditation involved in yoga will give your mind peace and clarity. Thereby, if you are not yet into yoga, now is the perfect time to explore and try it.